Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

This week's shopping trip

 

I'm feeling really good about my shopping this trip. Since I bought 50 lbs of beef a few weeks ago, I was able to really cash in on some of the great sales happening right now (mostly baking supplies). Here's a few of the deals I got. For reference, I usually shop at Safeway (the only store in my small town) and I do print coupons but I don't get any from the Sunday paper (maybe some day). 

  • Carnation Milk for 50 cents/can (cheaper than Safeway store brand with sale & coupon)
  • Nestle Chocolate Chips $1.67/bag (cheaper than Safeway store brand with sale & coupon)
  • Spaghetti noodles (Safeway brand) .88/box (I think I might be able to get these cheaper at some point, but I'm getting low).
  • Kraft Mayo-I'm really proud of this one! $1.49 (usually $4.99! Safeway had a sale & I used a coupon)
  • Swanson chicken broth was BOGO so I got 2 for $1.59 each-cheaper than the Safeway brand
  • Flour- 5 lb bag for $1.71, that's $.34 a pound, which is 1 cent more per pound than Costco (not sure when my next Costco trip will be)
  • Whole Chickens were .79/pound so I bought 3 (I already have 1 in the freezer)
  • I also bought another Turkey for $.69/lb
Ultimately, my goal in stockpiling is to decrease my overall grocery spending. It involves menu planning, shopping the sales, finding coupons, keeping a price book & sticking to a list. This week I bought a lot of things that weren't on sale, but ended up spending $66.76 for 54 items. Between my card savings, my J4U savings & my paper coupons I saved $60.96 

No comments:

Post a Comment